kniteditor Installation Instructions¶
This document aims at showing all the ways that the knit editor can be installed.
- Mac OSX App “KnitEditor.dmg”
- Windows Installer “KnitEditorInstaller.exe”
- Windows standalone “standalone.zip”
All download locations are listed here:
Kivy as of today, 2016/07/04, works for Python 3.4. If you intend to use an other version, be aware that it might take a lot of time.
- If kivy does not work, uninstall kivy.
py -3.4 -m pip uninstall kivy
- Uninstall Python 3.4. Unless you want to install Visual Studio and configure how to compile Python modules with the right compiler at the right location, you uninstall Python 3.4. All the installed packages wil be left untouched. This is why we uninstalled kivy before.
- Use the kivy installer to install kivy. [Thanks]
Package installation from Pypi¶
Install it with a specific python version under windows:
py -3 -m pip --no-cache-dir install --upgrade kniteditor
Test the installed version:
py -3 -m pytest --pyargs kniteditor
To install the version from the python package index, you can use your terminal and execute this under Linux:
sudo python3 -m pip --no-cache-dir install --upgrade kniteditor
test the installed version:
python3 -m pytest --pyargs kniteditor
Installation from Repository¶
You can setup the development version under Windows and Linux using the source code repository.
If you wish to get latest source version running, you can check out the repository and install it manually.
git clone https://github.com/fossasia/kniteditor.git cd kniteditor sudo python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip sudo python3 -m pip install -r requirements.txt sudo python3 -m pip install -r test-requirements.txt py.test
To also make it importable for other libraries, you can link it into the site-packages folder this way:
sudo python3 setup.py link